[TYPO3-core] New LocalConfiguration.php (2) - Some Thougts

Stefan Geith typo3dev2012.nospam1 at geithware.de
Tue Jul 31 16:01:10 CEST 2012

When looking at my newly converted LocalConfiguration.php,
I can see, that there are still (as in localconf.php) mixed
server-dependent and site-dependent settings.

Maybe it would make sense to spit LocalConfiguration.php
to two files:
(1) One containing server-dependent information like
     e.g. DB-Connection,
          filesystem-settings (createGroup etc.)
          IM-Verisons and Settings
(2) and the other containing site-dependent information
     e.g. all ext-settings
          FE-, SYS-Settings

This would be useful e.g. when copying form a dev-site
to the live-site, because site-dependent settings could be untouched
and you would only have to change the server-dependent localconf.

... just my thougts...

/Stefan