[TYPO3-core] Minutes of the 6.0 release team meeting

Thomas Maroschik tmaroschik at dfau.de
Tue Jul 24 15:51:33 CEST 2012

> Ok. Than may be you can change TYPO3\Core\Database\DatabaseHandle to
> TYPO3\Core\Database\DatabaseConnection because "handle" does not fit
> here (see http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/handle) and this class
> represents a connection. Handle is not a word from OO world, it is from
> procedural. Since you are trying to make it all more OO, than it should
> not be "handle".

Thanks for the suggestion. DatabaseHandle was taken from Extbase. Should
be changed there too. We will have a meeting on August 4rd where we want
to address exactly that topic. Currently this list is a rough draft. And
finding a name for a bunch of unrelated methods is often hard.

Thanks & greetings,

Tom