[TYPO3-core] Discussion: Remove default columns in favour for backend_layout

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Jul 19 13:24:21 CEST 2012

> The "connection" is called TypoScript and has to be provided by the
> Integrator.
> We can just provide some code and best practice examples.
> See my other post in this thread for an example code.

This leads to the conclusion though that we had to provide cObj->data
values out of TSconfig, IF we decided to go for TSconfig as well.
Otherwise it would be quite complicated to get the proper values into
the TypoScript code.

So IMHO we should provide a method that gets the selected backend layout
and sets the value in the data array according to either DB or TSconfig.
And as Helmut already pointed out this could be triggered with a simple
switch, to avoid performance issues.

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian