[TYPO3-core] Discussion: Remove default columns in favour for backend_layout

Søren Malling soren.malling at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 10:03:08 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback! Sorry if I missed something in the earlier
mails, when i reply to this

> i don't know, if pageTS is the right/wrong place for storing backend layout
> configuration but i would appreciate a solution where you can save
> backend-layouts in the file system because i would prefer versioning backend
> layout configuration via file system more than in the database.

I could imagine a default backend_layout in the tsconfig, describing
the default columns behavior.

If you (as a integrator) need others backend_layouts, you will have to
go and create them.

What really is missing, is a clear connection between a backend_layout
and what a layout used in the frontend.

I did a extension called fluidlayout, based on FLUIDTEMPLATE, created
a connection between a backend_layout and a FLUIDTEMPLATE based
frontend layout

http://buzz.typo3.org/people/soeren-malling/article/fluidtemplate-selector-and-backend-layout/

and Marc Neuhaus pointed me to another way that EXT:fed does it

http://fedext.net/features/page-templates/page-template-files.html

The main question in this thread was, whether we could "migrate" the
default columns layout to a (default) backend_layout?

But another interesting question is (and has been raised), if we can
create a proper connection between backend layout and used frontend
template.