[TYPO3-core] More strict convention for typoscript naming

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri Jul 13 07:08:21 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 12-7-2012 23:49, Marcus Schwemer wrote:

Reality check:

> 1) find a common guideline (preferably strict lowerCamelCase)

Well, okay, if you insist... t3editor has code completion. Human
languages have plenty of inconsistencies.

> 2) move functionality to the new standard based attributes / functions
> 3) deprecate the old ones in 6.0

Deprecation is meaningless in real life. Nobody gives a (...) and will
continue to use the old syntax. Why? Because current sites still work,
because the books still use the old syntax, because thousands of blogs
and snippet collections still use the old syntax.

> 4) remove the old ones in 6.2 or 7.0 to give some more time

It doesn't matter how much time you give. People will still be surprised
when the site suddenly doesn't work. Their books say it should be done
this way, the snippets on site X say it should be correct (and the 30
comments of the snippet praise the author for the great snippet).

> What do you think?

I think the energy which would have to go into purifying the syntax
could better be spend in areas where TYPO3 needs improvement.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!