[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-core-internal] Deprecation strategy

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Jul 11 22:33:14 CEST 2012

Hi,

I said it was a short description :-)

> So, authors will not be able to support their exts for older versions of
> TYPO3 (like 4.4)? I do not think this is good.

If you want to support older versions (I can't imagine why, but that's a
different story) that's fine as long as the range includes supported
versions of the core:
- 4.2.0-4.4.99 => wrong
- 4.3.1-4.6.99 => correct

> And each new version of TYPO3 will automatically obsolete 100% of
> extensions in TER. Is this right?

No, as long as supported versions of TYPO3 are inside the range it will
be fine.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member