[TYPO3-core] cleanup of issues on forge?!?!?

Stefan Galinski stefan.galinski at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 14:55:35 CET 2012

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Simon Schaufelberger (Schaufi) wrote:
>> I was kind of shocked when i saw the number of open bugs in the TYPO3
>> Core currently:
>>
>> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-core/issues?query_id=90
>>
>> 2757!!! BUGS
>>
>> Only the core team members can cleanup the old bugs like and prioritize
>> them. Is there anybody willing to take care about them?
>
> I do that from time to time: start from the last page and clean up. But I
> do not touch bugs that have assigned persons. In my opinion it is a
> responsibility of that person.

IMO nobody should be assigned to issue entries if he doesn't really wants to
care about it in the next few days/weeks. Also if someone wants to trigger a
specific person to a bug, he can add him as watcher. Can this field be
initially emptied to an empty value for all core issues older than some
weeks to prevent such responsibility issues in the future?

Also I just want to note that if would be very nice if we could require more
specific test introductions for core bugs by default. Maybe as a required
extra field or just a small text in the new issue form as a reminder? IMHO
this can improve the review process and the evaluation of new bugs.

Just some ideas... :-)

--
Stefan Galinski