[TYPO3-core] Multiple File Upload for TCE Forms

Alexander Dick typo3 at dick.at
Tue Jan 24 20:16:02 CET 2012

Hi List,

Since multiple file upload in standard TCE form input fields is not
possible yet, I've created a small extension that adds the HTML5
attribute "multiple" to the input field (when maxitems in the TCA conf
of that field is > 1) and also modifies the upload handling in TCEmain
class. (Simple iteration over the files array)

This is achieved by XCLASSing t3lib_tceforms and t3lib_TCEmain.
Unfortunately the functions that I had to overwrite have many many lines
of code, which means that there is a high probability for side effects
with TYPO3 versions other than I developed and tested the extension with.

I wonder if this could be implemented in the core.

It is only a slight change, and at least HTML5 capable browsers will
take advantage of it.

Extension:
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/ad_tce_multiple_fileupload/current/

Best regards