[TYPO3-core] t3lib_utility_mail vs. t3lib_mail?

Tolleiv Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Wed Jan 4 11:39:44 CET 2012

Hi,

some time ago I suggested a hook for the mail functions in t3lib_div
(now placed in t3lib_utility_mail) and back then I had put quite some
effort to have a central place which every mail sent from TYPO3 had to pass.

In the meantime t3lib_mail_* and SwitfMail was introduced in addition to
that and it seems that the effort was worthless because everything
handled within t3lib_mail_* bypasses t3lib_utility_mail->mail and
therefore such mails will leave the system without passing the "old" hook.

So what I'd like to suggest is to get rid of t3lib_utility_mail or at
least remove t3lib_utility_mail->mail() in favor of t3lib_mail_* but
before I put any work into that I'd like to get input for that.

Cheers,
Tolleiv
--
twitter.com/tolleiv