[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-v4] Minutes of the 6th meeting of the 4.7 Release Team

Steffen Ritter info at steffen-ritter.net
Tue Jan 3 13:44:30 CET 2012

Hi dear TYPO3 community,

These are the minutes of the 6th TYPO3 Release Team Meeting for version 4.7.

The minutes are also available in the wiki of TYPO3 4.7:
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v47-projects/wiki/6th_Release_Team_Meeting_TYPO3_47

On Monday, January 2nd 2012 we hold our 6th meeting with the following
participants:

* Steffen Ritter (4.7 Release Manager)
* Benjamin Mack (4.4 Release Manager)
* Oliver Hader (Core Team Leader)
* Ben van't Ende (Community Manager)

TYPO3 4.7
==========

In our agenda this week had been mainly 3 point to be discussed.

General
--------

Since the holidays there seems to be not much action around. In
addition, since Alpha 2 there had been no really development.
Releasing the Alpha 3 on 10th January 2012 - as planned - would not make
much sense since it would be the same actual package as Alpha 2.

Therefore we decided to post-pone the Release of Alpha 3 one week to
January 17th.

Due to Organisation issues the Workspaces Team CodeSprint has been
canceled, which affects the ExtJS 4 Migration and FAL Workspace
Integration, too.

State of FAL Development
--------------------------
We shortly discussed the state of the current FAL development. A group
of developers currently actively is working on it and will be meeting at
Benni Mack's this week.

There are some fixes within the FAL-Repository not related to FAL at all
wich should be submitted to Core before, to make the FAL changes more slim.

Furthermore there are some components which will not be delivered as
part of the TYPO3 Core which are the Amazon S3 Driver, a WebDAV Driver
as well as the media-Extension with several MetaData Indexing Services.

A team of interested people has to befound for maintaining them in future.

State of ExtJS 4 Migration
---------------------------
On Side of the ExtJS 4 Migratio Nothing more happened. Olly will try to
find ExtJS 4 experts which will work on a payed bases on migrating the
outstanding Tasks.
Benni and Steffen have been working on the Skinning issues introduced by
the Migration.

Automating compile task
------------------------
With the ExtJS 4 Migration another "auto-generated" piece of core has
been integrated: The T3Skin for ExtJS (SASS compiled).

Some versions ago the Sprite System has been integrated. Sprites, CSS
and Ext-Tables Configuration for the Sprite System are auto-generated to.

Currently developers have to manually regenerate the stuff upon changes
and push them to... On conflicts it's nearly impossible to manually fix
the conflicted state of these auto-generated stuff.

Therefore we discussed Gerrit/Jenkins based triggers, automating these
task on merge and on check out of changes.
Olly will locally investigate the Tasks and Create script, aiming to
ease up the life of Developers.

regards

Steffen

If you have any further questions according to the development of TYPO3
4.7, feel free to contact me or just leave your comment within this thread.

Regards

--
Steffen Ritter
Release Manager TYPO3 4.7