[TYPO3-core] Remove flash uploader in TYPO3 4x?

Tolleiv Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Sun Feb 26 12:33:25 CET 2012

Hi,

Jigal van Hemert schrieb:

> I'm pretty sure that 4.9 will be released before 2020. I'd say we
> desperately need a fall back for IE7-9.

I don't agree. As IE users (or their admins) choose to use this horrible
brick of software, they choose not to participate in the modern (HTML 5
driven) web with a modern UI.

Imho the fallback (working with single uploads) is fine and of course
there's still the chance to release the flash uploader as TER extension
(assuming that the paranoid admin who stuck with IE allowed it's uses to
install Flash).

Cheers,
Tolleiv

--