[TYPO3-core] Remove flash uploader in TYPO3 4x?

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Sat Feb 25 14:32:12 CET 2012

Hey all,

as we now have HTML5 multiple upload in the file list (coming with FAL),
and in TCEforms in 4.7, what do you think of removing this functionality
completely again from the Core?

I know, the downside is that "older browsers" (which basically is IE9
and lower) don't support this, and are stuck - but maybe once we release
4.9, this target group will be smaller than we think... ;-)

If so, we could deprecate this with 4.7 and remove it with 4.9.

All the best,
benni.

PS: We have a real problem with the flash uploader if the site is
protected with basic authentication, so it's a nogo on many of the sites
we create.