[TYPO3-core] Which TYPO3 bug annoys you the most?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 23 20:04:51 CET 2012

Hi,

On 23-2-2012 19:03, Simon Schaufelberger wrote:
> Another one:
> The login/logout handling is horrible! It should be done in the core
> instead of the plugin itself. At the moment you have so much trouble
> with redirects if pages are displayed only in logged out mode or only in
> logged in mode. Bä!

The actual login/logout happens in the core, in the authentication
service. The felogin sysext handles the form and the redirect handling.

Recently I added a few features to felogin and a couple of bugfixes are
pending in gerrit, waiting for reviews.

The problems with redirecting are mostly caused by incorrect
configurations and not understanding the way redirecting works (not
saying that you don't know this!). The new manual (for 4.7) contains
updated screenshots, new options and configuration examples.

I'd love to hear your ideas on how the redirecting should be handled.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.