[TYPO3-core] How to get started with FAL from incubator....

Tolleiv Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Tue Feb 14 20:14:28 CET 2012

Hi,

* disclaimer: this is not a rant anyhow - this pure pragmatism to get me
started with FAL and maybe help others to avoid issues *

so as it might be interesting for everyone I'd like to know how to get
started with FAL from the incubator.

What I have is:

  * a normal 4.6.3 introduction package installation
  * Cloned git://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Incubator.git
  * checked out the remotes/origin/plain-fileabstraction branch into a
local one
  * changed t3lib typo3 and index.php to come from the new sources
  * installed EXT:file, EXT:vidi and EXT:media (not sure if all of them
are needed?)
  * installed EXT:devlog
  * Cleared all caches and stuff
  * Successfully completed the "Migrate file relations of tt_content
"uploads"" wizard
  * Tried to run "Migrate file relations" which didn't work

I'm not sure if that's it? The content elements changed their file
controls but have lost their relations to the related files. And what I
face right now is an error "Fatal error: Call to a member function
getRootLevelFolder() on a non-object in
.../Incubator/typo3/class.browse_links.php on line 1716" when opening
the filelist or file-upload dialog.

So how to proceed? Feel free to contact me on Skype or Twitter. I'll
keep this one updated and move it to the wiki once I've a "clear" list
which doesn't result in unexpected errors at the end.

Cheers,
Tolleiv
--
twitter.com/tolleiv