[TYPO3-core] Proposal for the upcoming Roadmap and LTS

Tolleiv Nietsch tolleiv.nietsch at typo3.org
Mon Dec 17 01:06:52 CET 2012

Hi, one question which would be nice to have it cleared out.

Michael Stucki schrieb:

> 3. Don't backport _every_ fix into every supported version

According to [1] the 6 months for regular bugfixes is turned to 12
months for LTS releases - why?

> Next steps:
> - We will write a proposal document that incorporates the points that
> have been covered here.
> - We will send this draft to the EAB of the TYPO3 Association and will
> ask for their advise on it.
> - We would like to publish a finalized version very soon, possibly
> before the release of TYPO3 6.0...

Has any of this happened so far? - I'd really prefer to comment official
proposals instead of mailing-list postings ;)

Cheers.

[1] -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AscRLPA1pqfQdEpUQVFVSjBQN1g5QnBQbTR5MmlJTXc#gid=1

--