[TYPO3-core] The friendly ghost's last week result

Ernesto Baschny ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Mon Dec 3 21:34:28 CET 2012

Hi all,

I was your friendly ghost last week. It was a very special week, because
on Tuesday we *released TYPO3 CMS 6.0.0*. A milestone, one can say.
Congratulations on the Release Team for that great achievement!

Thus, on Monday we had massive activity in the Issue Tracker and Review
System for all those nice "last minute changes" we loved to see included
in the 6.0.0 release.

But "after the release is before the release", so even after 6.0.0 was
out, activity was up. We noticed an increase in bug reports especially
for the "6.0" branch, most probably due to the fact that even more
people were testing it (and trying upgrades etc) - people who haven't
tested an beta or RC before.

The stats:

* Open Bugs: lowered from 3227 to 3203 (despite plenty new reports)
* 106 new issues:
  - 6 Accepted
  - 4 Needs Feedback
  - 11 now under Code Review
  - 41 Resolved
  - 1 Rejected
* 55 merged changes to Core (master)

Noteworthy issues:

- http://forge.typo3.org/issues/38417 - strange problem, difficult to
reproduce

- http://forge.typo3.org/issues/29461 - started as a "bugfix" but
expanded into a new feature that allows quotes (") inside TypoScript
properties (i.e.
TCEFORM.tt_content.pi_flexform.myext_myplugin.sDEF."settings.fieldOne".config.type).
Check it out!

This next weeks friendly ghost is Stanislas Roland (our RTE wizard).
Treat him well!

Cheers,
Ernesto

--