[TYPO3-core] set_no_cache() usage is logged as warning

Michael Stucki michael.stucki at typo3.org
Mon Dec 3 08:33:18 CET 2012

Hi Philipp,

> Basically there are three options to work in this problem
> 1) leave it as it is (aka do nothing)
> 2) decrease severity by one (from warning=2 to notice=1)
> 3a) introduce an optional parameter to switch from warning to notice for
> internal core usage
> 3b) create an own "internal" method to set no_cache

I'm not sure what you understand as "internal" but IMHO that applies
only to the following calls:

- in $TSFE->tempPageCacheContent(), line 3063
- in $TSFE->generatePage_postProcessing(), line 3296
- Admin Panel usage

I suggest to go with either 3a or 3b with these.

> BTW: I created a change which provides a reason (feature since 4.3) for all
> internal core calls; this should give you an overview over all usages.
> https://review.typo3.org/#/c/16925/

That's a good first step.

Greetings, Michael

--