[TYPO3-core] Announcing TYPO3 4.5.18, 4.6.11 and 4.7.3

Michael Stucki michael.stucki at typo3.org
Thu Aug 9 13:39:44 CEST 2012

Hi Markus,

>> Well, it is clearly a regression because it changes the behaviour in
>> an unexpected way.
>>
>> See Stefans example:
>>
>> select.selectFields = pages.uid, pages.title
>>
>> Old result: SELECT pages.uid, pages.title New result: SELECT pages.uid, pages.title, tt_content.uid as uid, tt_content.pid as pid,
>> tt_content.t3ver_state as t3ver_state
>
> Well, usually we fix a bug to achieve the wanted behavior. In this case, the intended functionality was always to NOT add the fields, when a * is present.
> The new resulting query for Stefan's example is still valid. It still contains the two fields.
> His problem was more the usage of the result.

I'm not sure how you conclude that this is a wanted behaviour.

http://wiki.typo3.org/TSref/select

The new query adds the fields though, but it also selects more fields.
As this can lead to conflicts like we've seen in this example, it is a
wrong behaviour, isn't it?

To reproduce the problem the unit test file for tslib_content should be
extended with the following patch (see attachment).

- michael