[TYPO3-core] FW: Bugfix advice, sys_log data field too small

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Tue Aug 7 12:46:25 CEST 2012

Hi.

On 07.08.2012 10:56 Dubelaar, Bart wrote:

> I need some advide on how to solve this bug: http://forge.typo3.org/issues/38403
> The current field size is way to small, so it needs to be changed to a different format, e.g. TEXT.
> Are there any drawbacks if the field would be changed to TEXT?

I don't see any.
the table structure is set in t3lib/stddb/tables.sql

Just create a patch which change the field type. Should be based on
master branch and then send to gerrit. For help read this:
http://wiki.typo3.org/Contribution_Walkthrough_Tutorials

I fear this change will be allowed only in master. It would demand users
to apply changes using the install tool within a patch level release.

But you can create an extension to backport the change to versions <6.0

Add this to ext_tables.php of your extension

#
# Table structure for table 'sys_log'
#
CREATE TABLE sys_log (