[TYPO3-core] Discussion: Remove default columns in favour for backend_layout
Jigal van Hemert
jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Aug 7 11:48:19 CEST 2012
On 7-8-2012 10:57, Søren Malling wrote:
> Still hoping to get the drag'n'drop stuff in to the core before feature
> freeze and would like to know if this discussion came to a conlusion?
> Did we move the default 0,1,2,3 columns in to a default backend_layout
> (configured bu TSconfig, backend_layout record or what ever)?
> I lost track of the discussion, and hope that someone can tell me a
> conclusion :)
There was not a real conclusion, but several related things with some
opinions (from memory):
- move default columns to backend_layout: no objections as the code for
the default columns can be removed
- backend_layouts also in TS config: different opinions; some in favour,
some against; I wouldn't spend time on this at the moment
- default backend_layout in TS config or hardcoded: also different
opinions; if it's hardcoded it's still not a real problem, because
anybody can make a backend_layout to replace the default.
Maybe the easiest and fastest way is:
1. remove default columns, use default (hardcoded) backend_layout and
2. optionally move hardcoded default layout to TS config
3. backend_layout also in TS config
Ad 1: seems there are no objections and patch can be reviewed and merged
without too much discussion about functionality
Ad 2: probably some discussion, but it doesn't block drag'n'drop
Ad 3: unsure if there is enough support for it, but doesn't block either
1 or 2.
Is this something that can work for you?
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: typo3.org
More information about the TYPO3-team-core