[TYPO3-core] jQuery Integration

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Apr 17 10:38:46 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 17-4-2012 8:20, Georg Ringer wrote:
> great: do you have already a list of all prototype usages in the backend
> as it is required to replace *all* usages of prototype and not just the
> ones which are fun to make ;)

To put it even stronger: the only way to get jQuery in would be to
remove all other libraries except for ExtJS and modernizr (plus of
course custom code).

Not to discourage you, but after the first suggestions to bring in
jQuery it was already mentioned that we don't want yet another JS
library added to the core.

You can also consider it an extra challenge and a demonstration of how
to use jQuery. Someone needs to track down where prototype,
scriptaculous and who-knows-what-else are used and replace the code with
new and shiny jQuery :-)

I've also understood that ExtJS can use jQuery as base library. This
would mean that we could drop the internal base library of ExtJS and get
an even more light-weight backend.

Can't wait to see the results of your work!

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 v4 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!