[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-mvc] Call for help: Migrate core extensions to extbase

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Thu Apr 5 14:38:31 CEST 2012

Hey.

On 04/05/2012 02:13 PM, Kay Strobach wrote:
> Do we want extension to behave more ajax like? - If so, why don't we use
> the cardlayout and extdirect for common modules to reduce the data,
> which is transfered?

Yes, I'm open for good changes in this area, but I'd prefer to do the
extbase code migration first.
I think in the first run, the goal should be that modules behave mostly
like they did before. This way we can come up with a "look! we
refactored the module and it works like before" and can concentrate on
good software.
Beside minor improvements, imho main behavior changes should be done in
additional runs after the first one was done because we need much more
than just coding for those (ui concepts, designs, general rules on how
to solve things, discussions, ...).
Look how much effort it is to fight the 'migrate belog to extbase' patch
through the review process, it is pending for nearly a month already. If
we mix up bigger behavior changes with the main refactoring, chances
will be even lower to get things merged in reasonable time.

Regards
Christian