[TYPO3-core] Gerrit submission process for multiple branches

Markus Klein klein.t3 at mfc-linz.at
Mon Oct 31 17:27:06 CET 2011

Georg Ringer wrote:

> it's a pitty that "the community" is very small in this case and just thinking of
> the last security sprint: much of the time went into backporting just to all of
> those branches.
>
> if someone finds the time to do patches for this so old 4-3 and there are
> enough votes, everything will go into the core. there is no magic about it, just
> someone has to do it and my personal opinion: I prefer working for master,
> 4-5 then for for anything else

Indeed, that's a valid opinion. But the problem of missing patches for these older branches is more or less home-made, since it was simply forgotten to merge the existing patches to these branches. So it shouldn't be that much of a deal to catch up, since voting can be omitted in most cases.
I'm willing to push patch sets for those issues that seem to be forgotten (thanks to Ernesto for his tool).

Best
Markus