[TYPO3-core] Gerrit submission process for multiple branches

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Oct 30 12:05:10 CET 2011

Hi all,

Did we ever define what the correct process should be when we want to
submit patches to multiple branches? I recently submitted a patch for
4.5, 4.6 and 4.7 and now Xavier remarked that I shouldn't have done so,
as it complicates the review process.

I can agree with that, but OTOH I think submitting to only one branch
entails a real risk of forgetting other branches later on. For example,
I'm pretty sure that - in the rush of fixing stuff for releasing 4.6 -
quite a few backports to 4.5 were forgotten.

As far as I can remember we had floated the idea of using topics, so
that all related patch submissions could be found. Then one in
particular can be reviewed and changes requested in that one can be
ported to the others.

What should we decide?

Cheers

--