[TYPO3-core] GIT: create a new remote branch?

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Thu Oct 20 12:11:23 CEST 2011

Hi Peter,

>> when trying to create a new branch, I get the lightbox with error
>> "Cannot create refs/heads/bemodule"
>
> weird...

But isn't it lacking an entry
+---+-------------+----------------+---------------+-------------------+
| O | Category    | Group Name     | Reference Nam | Permitted Range   |
+---+-------------+----------------+---------------+-------------------+
|   | Push Branch | TY./Ext../news | refs/heads/*  | +2: Create Branch |
+---+-------------+----------------+---------------+-------------------+

there's only such an entry for the "Importers" group.
And probably it would even need +3: Force Push Branch; Delete Branch

https://review.typo3.org/#admin,project,TYPO3v4/Extensions/news,access

That's missing for all (most?) projects. Didn't we discuss some similar
thing some time ago and came to the conclusion that project owners
should be able to create and delete branches? I think that's not
reflected, currently.

Kind regards
Steffen

--