[TYPO3-core] Improvement of release merge tool

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Nov 29 17:35:57 CET 2011

Philipp Gampe schrieb am 29.11.2011 11:02:
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>
>> I currently only have access the GIT log to generate the merged
>> analyses, so I do not use or access neither Gerrit nor Forge.
>
> You can access Gerrit via SSH.
> $ ssh review.typo3.org -p 29418 gerrit --help
>
> You may use the same search syntax as in the web GUI. So this
> $ ssh review.typo3.org -p 29418 gerrit query topic:31622
> is equivalent to
> https://review.typo3.org/#q,topic:31622,n,z
>
> You can also turn JSON response on:
> $ ssh review.typo3.org -p 29418 gerrit query --format json topic:31622

Well cool, thanks for the hint!

Unclear to me is why there is not a "simple" REST/HTTP based solution
which would be more easily accessible, but alas, at least there is a way
of querying this info.

I'll have to check how well this performs if I query the status of more
or less 700 issues. I can query "all issues" but there seem to be a
limit of "rowCount: 500". So the query "query project:TYPO3v4/Core
status:merged" is truncated.

As far as I got by "trying out", I can go to the next issues with:

  limit:500 resume_sortkey:001558d9000005b2

Being resume_sortkey the sortKey of the last entry I've got in my last
query.

So... doable! I'll give it a try (someday...).

Karsten has already "forked" this script for FLOW3 usage (including
submodule support), it would be cool if he could share his changes so
that we don't have a split project.

Cheers,
Ernesto