[TYPO3-core] Improvement of release merge tool

Markus Klein klein.t3 at mfc-linz.at
Tue Nov 29 08:38:04 CET 2011

Hi!

> I currently only have access the GIT log to generate the merged analyses, so I
> do not use or access neither Gerrit nor Forge.
>
> I could link to Gerrit's topic search, if that would help. E.g. for the
> #31622 issue (last one), it would be this link:
>
> https://review.typo3.org/#q,status:open+project:TYPO3v4/Core+topic:3162
> 2,n,z
>
> Or even more specifically each "TODO" for a release with their specific topic
> search, e.g. 4.5:
>
> https://review.typo3.org/#q,status:open+project:TYPO3v4/Core+branch:TY
> PO3_4-5+topic:31622,n,z
>
> What do you think: would that help?
It seems I pushed the redundant patches because the search didn't reveal that there are already patches. I don't trust the search very much at the moment, as I'm not sure whether I was simply too stupid or there's actually a real bug in gerrit. (At the moment I can't reproduce this behavior though.)

But these links are better than nothing!
So if you could implement the first version this would be a great help to (hopefully) see what is already present for a topic.
It would be even better, if Gerrit supported a search option like "status:all" to show all open and merged/abandoned patches at the same time.

> Cheers,
> Ernesto

Thanks so far.

Cheers