[TYPO3-core] Problem with merged issue #30695

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 11:37:09 CET 2011

Hi!

There are several problems with the issue 30695
(http://forge.typo3.org/issues/30695).

First of all, the implementation is not good: it uses a knowledge of
internal conventions of one extension inside another. This is "solution
spread" and it should not happen.

Next, I could not fix that with a new patch because of the error Gerrit
gives me:

=================
Applico:~/Projects/TYPO3/TYPO3-master$ git push origin
HEAD:refs/for/master/31486
Counting objects: 23, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (12/12), done.
Writing objects: 100% (12/12), 2.23 KiB, done.
Total 12 (delta 10), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Resolving deltas:   0% (0/10)
To ssh://review.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Core
  ! [remote rejected] HEAD -> refs/for/master/31486 (change 6275 closed)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://review.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Core'
=================

Finally, the topic for this issue is incorrect. It should be 30695 but it
is 31486, which is a different issue.

Can somebody help me to clean this up with Gerrit? What I need is:
- find out how to "unlock" Gerrit for pushing
- change the topic
- push the path to 4.5, 4.6 and 4.7

The patch adds a method to saltedpassword ext that returns a number of
users with unsecured passwords. That would be a correct solution because it
keep magical knowledge inside one extension.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security teams member

Simplicity will save the world.