[TYPO3-core] Incubator troubles

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 27 22:42:58 CET 2011

Hi,

Today I wanted to move some code to the Incubator project
"graphicslibrary". I asked Steffen Ritter about the Git procedure
(because he knows a lot about Git) and started working with it.

I made a new directory, cloned the Incubator repository, checked out the
branch graphicslibrary, updated submodules.
Then I added a few files, committed them and pushed them. This seemed to
work fine. Next I pulled and continued.
Added some more files, committed them and wanted to push them too. Now
it refused:

git.exe push --progress  "origin"
project-graphicslibrary:refs/heads/project-graphicslibrary

To ssh://jigal@review.typo3.org:29418/TYPO3v4/Incubator.git
! [rejected]        project-graphicslibrary -> project-graphicslibrary
(non-fast-forward)
error: failed to push some refs to
'ssh://jigal@review.typo3.org:29418/TYPO3v4/Incubator.git'
To prevent you from losing history, non-fast-forward updates were rejected
Merge the remote changes (e.g. 'git pull') before pushing again.  See the
'Note about fast-forwards' section of 'git push --help' for details.

The message suggests to pull first and then push again. No effect.

I have no idea how to solve this.

Steffen also noticed that the branch wasn't in sync with master
(situation of somewhere in September). This isn't a real problem for now
but it would be nice to test it later with the rest of the core as it is
in master.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.