[TYPO3-core] swift mailer update?

Ernesto Baschny ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Mon Nov 14 16:11:56 CET 2011

Benjamin Mack schrieb am 14.11.2011 11:30:

> this seems valuable though:
>
> https://raw.github.com/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/master/CHANGES
>
> STARTTLS is a must, IMHO, also for 4.5.
>
> @Simon: Care to create a bugreport and a patch for that?

It seems that there were other features added too, which look
interesting, but nevertheless risky to just apply without considering
all aspects (e.g. PHP 5.2 compatibility?).

We should / could try out the new version with master, have it included
in the first alpha of 4.7 and if it then still proves nothing against
it, I would consider the backport to 4.5.

After all, we're not in a hurry, as there is no vital bug which will be
solved with the release (at least none that seems to affect us directly
until now).

Cheers,
Ernesto

--