[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-typo3org] Central place for development tools

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Tue Nov 1 00:03:27 CET 2011

Hi v4 and v5 teams,

as there are a few scripts lying around and I often read a "there was a
site, where I could.. but what was the URL?", I'd ask here for your
feedback/needs/comments.

I'm thinking of creating http://tools.typo3.org (or do you have a better
name?), which gives an overview of some developer-relevant tools and
hosts them *on official infrastructure*.

It doesn't have to be even a whole TYPO3 site, but more a collection of
links or scripts.

Some scripts, which could be hosted there:
* Xavier's "JSON data of TYPO3 releases"
   http://typo3.causal.ch/releases.php
* Ernesto's "merged to which branch?"
   http://www.typo3-anbieter.de/typo3-merges/
* I've seen that sb. from the v5 team ported this to FLOW3, too
* ...?

External links (to official services!) could be forge, translation
server, etc. If this information is somewhere presented in a nice way on
the new typo3.org, I'm fine with just putting a link to that page.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards
Steffen

P.S: I'm totally fine/happy, if sb. wants to create that site and I just
have to set up the server ^^ Just want to push that forward.
--
Steffen Gebert
TYPO3 v4 Core Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!