[TYPO3-core] Problem with git submodules

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri May 27 10:14:54 CEST 2011

François Suter schrieb am 27.05.2011 10:07:

> I thought I had taken all the proper steps to switch my local clone of
> the Core repository, but my master branch says the following when I do a
> "git status":
>
> # On branch master
> # Unmerged paths:
> #   (use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)
> #   (use "git add/rm <file>..." as appropriate to mark resolution)
> #
> #       added by us:        typo3/sysext/dbal
> #       added by us:        typo3/sysext/version
> #       added by us:        typo3/sysext/workspaces
> #
> no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")
>
> What does it mean and what should I do?

The problem will probably still persist for some weeks, and usually
comes when you cherry-pick some stuff to review from the
"pre-submodules" era (since we still have a lot of them, it will pop up
some times).

Either one of the suggested methods (the git status suggests what to do)
will easily solve this problem in your local copy. I prefer:

$ git reset typo3/sysext/dbal typo3/sysext/version typo3/sysext/workspaces

Cheers,
Ernesto