[TYPO3-core] Git: how to solve divergence?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon May 16 09:14:22 CEST 2011

Hi all,

There's at least one situation with Git where I'm still totally baffled
as to what I should do:

I mistakenly applied a patch to a local branch tracking a remote branch,
using the cherry-pick command provided by Gerrit. Now I don't know how
to get rid of it.

"git status" tells me the following:

# On branch TYPO3_4-5
# Your branch and 'origin/TYPO3_4-5' have diverged,
# and have 1 and 11 different commit(s) each, respectively.
#
nothing to commit (working directory clean)

How do I now drop the local change and find myself again on the remote HEAD?

Thanks in advance for any advice

--

Francois Suter