[TYPO3-core] T3DD11 Request for comments: REST Webservices for V4

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Sun May 8 18:07:45 CEST 2011

Hi!

On 08.05.11 16:23, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Helmut Hummel wrote:
>> I'm not sure what you have in mind with caching. You mean parts of the
>> REST services should be cached somehow?
>
> Suppose you add a news item through the REST API. TYPO3 page content with
> news is cached. Nobody sees your news item...
>
> What if the plugin uses caching framework to cache database items or parts
> of generated content?

Ah, OK got it. Right, this needs to be taken care of.

(Since I used tce_main for processing CRUD actions in the
typo3_webservices extension, this is handled "automatically" if an
appropriate clearCacheCmd is set for the page that contains the records.)

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel
TYPO3 Security Team Leader, TYPO3 v4 Core Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: typo3.org