[TYPO3-core] T3DD11 Request for comments: REST Webservices for V4

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Sat May 7 12:34:30 CEST 2011

Hi!

Olivier Dobberkau wrote:
> * Can we build upon any present extension or can we backport from V5?

I afraid this would be hard because two code bases are very different. It
could be easier to write a v4-based code from zero. For backporting you
need somebody who knows current v5 as well as current v5 and level
knowledge should be really good.

There is a lot of stuff to be considered: permissions, caching, relations.
I do not think backporting from v5 will be sufficient.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member
E-mail: dmitry.dulepov at typo3.org