[TYPO3-core] gerrit-tools

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Fri May 6 16:00:12 CEST 2011

Hi Karsten,

>>>   push [<change number>]
> Does this mean when not giving the change number it will work based on the Change-Id? If this is the case, support for the change number in the push command should be removed, as it is also officially frowned upon - the Change-Id is safer and required in our setup anyway.
I don't understand exactly. The commit hook still creates the Change-Id.
So they will still exist, of course.

You start with git-review 1234 and it creates a branch r1234 for you.
I never tried to enter a <change number>, yet. It then automatically
determines, which changes to push (based on which exist in the master
branch).

I don't know, how it finds out, what to push, when you enter a change
number (I assume it uses branch r<change number>).

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert