[TYPO3-core] Trying to backport a change to a stable branch with Git/Gerrit

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Mar 14 16:54:56 CET 2011

Hi,

> I usually do "git pull" before doing any source code changes.

Yep, that's what I did to. But as soon as you have 1 local commit you're
ahead of the head, as far as I understand. Only a rebase would have put
my change on top again, but that proved unnecessary.

Xavier had the right hint, I had forgotten to remove the existing Change
Id. I was actually confused by the instructions in the wiki [1], because
they mention the need to clean up all "reviewed and tested by" mentions,
but there were none. I missed the thing about the Change Id which
followed. Is that part of the wiki right? Should it be changed?

Anyway thanks to both for helping.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter