[TYPO3-core] [GIT] Best practice with daily tasks

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Mar 3 16:40:23 CET 2011

François Suter schrieb am 03.03.2011 16:09:
> Hi,
>
> Here's another best/daily practice question: what would you recommend as
> the best way to keep up to date with submitted/pending patches? With the
> mailing list it was quite obvious. What's the best way now to keep up to
> date with the action happening in Gerrit?

You "subscribe" to the projects you want to keep informed:

Settings > Watched Projects > add "TYPO3v4/Core"

You can even do more fancy "watchers" which would only trigger if
certain search expression matches if the whole Core is too much for you.
See the gerrit docu for info on what you can do [1]. For example, watch
only new features:

* Project = TYPO3v4/Core
* Only if = message:"\[FEATURE\]"

There you can also decide whether to get notifications by email when
something happens on your watched projects.

Having such a watch list ready, you can actively go to Gerrit and choose
"My" > "Watched Changes" for a list.

Then you can simply mark certain issues as interesting by "starring"
them (Favorites).

And another useful dashboard is the "My" > "Changes" part, which lists
all review requests where you have been involved (either because you
started them, or you reviewed them), grouped by still open and "recently
closed".

Third, if you do a "search" using the known Gerrit search keywords, for
example:

Search = status:open owner:7397

Would list all open issues where Steffen Ritter is the owner. You can
then bookmark this search by URL:

https://review.typo3.org/#q,status:open+owner:7397,n,z

Cheers,
Ernesto