[TYPO3-core] Migration to GIT *today*, closing SVN for TYPO3v4

Ernesto Baschny ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Tue Mar 1 09:26:17 CET 2011

Hi guys,

we will be switching the repository of the TYPO3v4 Core project to GIT
*today* during the Code Sprint in Berlin. This means that you should no
longer commit anything to our SUBVERSION repository
(https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Core/).

The reviewing process will then work through GERRIT. The core mailing
list (typo3.teams.core) will loose its meaning and the workflow of
getting patches into the core will basically be this:

1) clone the TYPO3v4 GIT repository (http://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Core.git)

2) make your changes

3) push the changes to GERRIT (ssh://<username>@review.typo3.org:29418)

4) review the change requests in GERRIT (http://review.typo3.org) =>
this replaces this core list from now on!

We are discussing the workflow here at the Code Sprint in Berlin, and
more information / howtos / etc will be added as we go to the Forge Wiki
pages [1].

If you have issues with the workflow, please refer to the GIT team page [2].

Please note that the bug tracker is still Mantis
(http://bugs.typo3.org). We plan to switch to Forge in near future, but
this is not done yet.

Cheers,
Ernesto