[TYPO3-core] Introduced regression in 4.5.3 because of changed API, how to deal with it?

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Tue Jun 28 11:50:44 CEST 2011

Hi,

by fixing the formprotetion framework for 4.5.3, I removed the
BackendFormProtection::persistTokens() method, because it is not needed
any more, not thinking about the possibility that extension might
already make use of it (like TV). :(

I would now submit a patch which introduces a dummy method for the 4.5
branch, also marking it deprecated. However I would refrain from
submitting this for 4.6, or do you think we need to add this to 4.6 also?

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel
TYPO3 Security Team Leader, TYPO3 v4 Core Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: typo3.org