[TYPO3-core] git troubles: not allowed to upload merges

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Wed Jun 8 16:13:24 CEST 2011

Hello,

Am 08.06.2011 15:59, schrieb Georg Ringer:
> Hi,
>
> just stumbled upon a GIT problem.
>
> did a patch for http://forge.typo3.org/issues/14472 and everything works
> fine but a
> git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master/14472 results in:
>
> --------------------
> ! [remote rejected] HEAD -> refs/for/master/14472 (you are not allowed
> to upload merges)
> error: failed to push some refs to
> 'ssh://just2b@review.typo3.org:29418/TYPO3v4/Core.git
> --------------------

This is a "known" problem. Latest(recently updated) gerrit has changed
permission handling and added an extra "+3 upload merges" bit. According
to the doc all old perms should have been updated but a couple of days
ago I found on review.typo3.org noone has "+3 upload merges".

I think we have to check wether we want to set that bit globally or how
to proceed.

Just for curiosity, why would you upload a merge?

Greets,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag