[TYPO3-core] Discussion #27247 [BUGFIX] Bring back recStatInfoHooks hook in Page Tree

Georg Ringer mail at ringerge.org
Tue Jun 7 15:54:53 CEST 2011

Hi,

can we use this thread to discuss the issue
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/27247
https://review.typo3.org/#change,2546

First of all:
It's about a hook which has been there for ages and used by extensions
(e.g. l10nmanager)

A comment from gerrit by Jigal:
----------
Reasons for -2:
1. Has this been checked with the UXW team? Maybe the hook was removed
deliberately? Is it desirable to have extra visual clutter in the page tree?
2. The review process has been abused. Only the commit message was
modified and now the original patch submitter has given a +2 (and no,
it's certainly not a no-brainer to change functionality; even if it was
present in an older version)
----------

ad1: It hasn't been checked with the UXW team because IMO there is no
reason for it because it is a hook and doesn't change anything in the
output if the hook is not used. Therefore there can't be any visiual
clutter or change.

ad2: Sorry if it seems that the review process has been abused. This is
IMO not the case!
In my opinion this is a nobrainer because of the following reasons:
* It is a hook and no other change
* and it has been there since a long time
* The page tree has been implemented from the scratch and there were
other things have been slipped through and still are (e.g. defalut
values from TsConfig are not used when creating a page via page tree)

I really don't want to blame the pagetree guys, they did a great job and
it was really not easy to implement all of those TYPO3 specific issues.

Let us bring the last 1% into the core again

Thanks for your input
Georg
PS: If you wonder why I want to have this hook so badly: Follow the
discussion in the dev-list with title "Show changes for localization
editors"