[TYPO3-core] Feedback on #28008 , please

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Jul 22 15:09:39 CEST 2011

Hi all,

In issue:

http://forge.typo3.org/issues/28008

the switch-to buttons found in the module Admin Tools > User Admin were
removed for CLI users, with the rationale that it's useless to switch to
such users and that you might even end up somewhat stuck in a session
with no rights.

I disagree with that and have a regular use case for - at least - the
switch-to with switch-back button, so I opened a case to reinstate that
button:

http://forge.typo3.org/issues/28311

Now someone has voiced the opinion that both buttons are actually useful
and that 28008 should simply be reverted.

I would like to collect more opinions, before choosing a course of
actions. Your feedback is very welcome.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter