[TYPO3-core] stdWrap implementing php-functions?

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Jul 14 16:49:59 CEST 2011

> In short: I would go for making a list of useful functions and see if
> they can be incorporated by using some functionType to handle them easily.

Which is what we did at the "pimp my typoscript" workshop in Sursee.

Actually the purpose of TS is not to have each and every PHP function
available, but providing a kind of "shorthand" for the most common and
useful functions. So the goal must be to have a reduced and comfortable
interface and syntax that will trigger the more complex PHP functions
under the hood.

i.e. stdWrap.case can handle different PHP functions within one go.

Currently these are almost 100% string related functions, but we are
already planning to build in array handling. But we still aim for having
a combination of PHP functions available, that could be grouped by
functionality just like the stdWrap.case stuff.

The advantage is, that we can handle deprecated PHP stuff under the hood
as well without even having to touch the TS code.

This is why I would prefer a TS like naming and structure instead of a
simple stdWrap "PHP function caller".

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian