[TYPO3-core] stdWrap implementing php-functions?

Tolleiv Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Wed Jul 13 19:31:37 CEST 2011

Hi,

it seems that more and more PHP functions are dragged into stdWrap
(lately hashing and ucfirst, we already have intval, date, strftime,
....). Basically that's nice because it means that people actually use
it and don't work around it.

But wouldn't it make more sense to go a more generic way and provide
something like "stdWrap.php.<functionName>" and encapsulate all the
native stuff there (whitelisted of course) ?

Just in short the benefits we have:
* Clearer API
* Avoid single RFCs for each and every PHP function
* Bring lot's of native PHP power into TypoScript

Possible drawbacks:
* Possible security risks if we whitelist wrong stuff
* Too much stuff blowing up stdWrap
* TypoScript 2.0 might not have it later on.

So what's your opinion on that - I might find some time for that in the
next days - I'm just curious what you think and if my "assumption" is right?

Cheers,
Tolleiv