[TYPO3-core] RFC #11208: IDN Domain names handelt incorrectly in parts of the backend

Johannes Feustel j at feustel.eu
Mon Jan 31 23:11:43 CET 2011

Hi,

this bug still exits in 4.5 and trunk. The backend is still not fully
working in IDN domains.

How to test:
Run TYPO3 on IDN domain like xn--tst-qla.org (täst.org). Note that you
need a TLD which supports IDN domains (see
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/wiki/Internationalizing_Domain_Names_in_Applications#Zeichens.C3.A4tze)
otherwise the browser will just show up the xn- domain and everything
will work because there is no wrong decoding.
Simply add
ServerAlias xn--tst-qla.org
to your vhost conf and
127.0.0.1 xn--tst-qla.org

Since the pagetree has changed you can test this now by saving an edited
file in the file list module.
Or be clicking on edit in the context menu of a record. Error will occur
on saving the record.

Patch v3 applies to 4.5 and trunk and adds the change in
typo3/class.file_list.inc

Regards,
Johannes