[TYPO3-core] RFC #17374: implode() issues in Install Tool

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Jan 31 11:06:07 CET 2011

Steffen Gebert schrieb am 28.01.2011 22:57:

> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker reference:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17374
>
> Branches:
> trunk, 4-5

Same applies to 4-4.

> Problem:
> The Install Tool has some problems with the implode() function.
> In a few places, it might try to implode undefined variables, at least
> in one case, this is really critical: In the Upgrade Wizards, when no
> database queries are performed (thus $databaseQueries is undefined), but
> later it should be imploded. That's what the bug report is about and
> also occurred for me.
>
> Solution:
> Always initialize variables, which are imploded afterwards.
>
> Note:
> I also 2-3 times reordered the parameters to the correct order (first
> glue, then array) and removed some unused variables.

Almost a "no-brainer", I would say.

Attached is a v2 which adds some more occurrences and also a 4.4 patch
which should apply cleanly. I ran through all screens of the Install
Tool and all Upgrade Wizards, and could not spot anything wrong.

So +1 by reading and testing.

Cheers,
Ernesto