[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #17244: Error Message while Updating 4.4.6 > 4.5

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Jan 28 14:17:35 CET 2011

Oliver Hader schrieb am 28.01.2011 13:50:

> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17244
>
> Branches: Trunk
>
> Problem:
> Accordant report in the bugtracker:
> In the Update Wizard, in Step2 "Install Outsourced System Extensions":
> Class tx_em_Connection_ExtDirectServer does not exist
>
> The problem is, that the system extension "em" was not loaded. The
> reason for that was the setting TYPO3_CONF_VARS.EXT.requiredExt which
> had overriden the Core setting and thus did not contain "em" in the
> list. Up to TYPO3 4.2 it was possible to manipulate this setting in the
> install tool, thus affected are only updates from earlier versions and
> those that keep this setting in their localconf.php.
>
> Solution:
> Define a list of extensions that are really required for TYPO3 in a
> constant. The requiredExt will be empty, but can be filled with
> individual extensions. A new setting ignoredExt prevents extensions from
> being loaded, this could e.g. contain "em" if it shall be disabled in
> the backend.
> However, in the install tool this new ignoredExt setting is not
> considered and at least the required extensions (defined by the new
> constant) are loaded and available.

Thanks for the patch, we came to this solution together yesterday, so in
general I approve the idea. I would also suggest that we add this bugfix
to 4.5.1, even if it introduces a new setting, else we won't get rid of
the upgrade errors without loosing the possibility for the user to
"exclude" certain extensions (the new ignoredExt setting, which was
previously possible with requiredExt).

An alternative to this particular problem would be like Steffen
suggested (use/require the EM class directly=>4.5, or move it to
t3lib=>4.6).

Cheers,
Ernesto