[TYPO3-core] RFC #17336: Swift Mailer Adapter does not parse To: addresses

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 27 10:11:23 CET 2011

Hi,

On 27-1-2011 8:49, Martin Kutschker wrote:
> I don't object the solution, but the wording of the exception suggested for 3) is IMHO wrong. And
> actually I don't think that it is a problem that the TYPO3 API can only send mails with a To: header
> even if it is technically correct to send mails without.

(No defence, just an informational explanation:)

The wording does not originate from TYPO3 but from the Swift Mailer library.

Solution 2 (which is only for the adapter!) doesn't cause an exception
being thrown when an empty address is used. It is in this case always
possible that a valid to:, cc:, bcc: header was included in the headers
parameter and that the mail can technically still be sent.

The fact that PHP mail() has a separate parameter for the recipient is
probably the cause of this separate parameter in t3lib_utility_Mail.

The adapter works actually quite well. Yesterday I found that it could
actually send HTML newsletters from Direct Mail if images were not embedded.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert