[TYPO3-core] RFC #17320: Not installing extensions in Upgrade Wizard should also get rid of the wizard

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Jan 26 09:42:46 CET 2011

Hi,

>> How to test:
>> >  Run the wizards, don't install anything. Run the Upgrdae Wizard again:
>> >  They are gone, amazing!

This could probably be used in the workspace migration wizard too, but
it's a bit more touchy, because the wizard should really be run through
when there's at least one bit of versioning/workspace-related stuff
install. OTOH if nothing is installed and the user doesn't want to
install anything, it should "disappear" like the other wizards do now.
But this doesn't need to be fixed, as at least the workspace migration
wizard does not "fail" when skipped.

Anyway this new mechanism introduces interesting possibilities for the
wizards and we should probably revisit them all in 4.6 (for example, the
compatibility wizard; it should be possible to make it go away too, when
one doesn't want to switch compatibility version anymore). In an ideal
world the Update Wizard should be completely empty in a fully updated
installation.

> Committed to trunk, rev. 10318, so that it can be tested in RC3.

My post-commit +1 by reading and testing.

Thanks for coming up with this solution.

--

Francois Suter